Friday, July 07, 2006

Broken Promises...

So I promised a second post that never materialized. It's not that I'm trying to borrow a leaf from our leaders, or get into the African people mentality, no. I've been under the weather. It is possible to catch strep throat within days of being done taking antibiotics for the same thing, I have learnt. Granted, I'm compromised as far as my immune system goes, thanks to being anaemic. Somewhere in here though lies a long, long rant in relation to my doctors. But I'll save it for when I have enough energy. I saw the bill they sent to my insurance company though. Only 5 hours in the ER and I racked up some $1500 plus... Glad it's not being billed to me!

But I'm back, mostly. Making no promises until viruses and their evils are well behind me. The second post mentioned before is not the kind of post one writes with a half capability to think clearly. It will come. But when I can trust that a few months down the road, I won't read it and cringe too badly from its overly mediocre status.

I read a post from bankelele titled Economics not Politics which just seems to agree with a lot of my own personal sentiments. The comments on that are interesting as I noted a complaining coldtusker react in a way I generalize as a Kenyan mentality. I'm sure there will be plenty more of those.

World cup has been a good friend. The quarter finals and the one semi final that had Italy winning went my way. I kinda wanted Portugal at the finals. I guess I can't have everything. Very comforting as I ailed on my couch. I am personally tired of the disrespect that is accorded the teams that are not England, Germany or Brazil in the world cup. These other teams work hard and nobody wants to give them the time of day? So proud that the expected giants are all missing from the finals. It's time we all learnt to have some faith in the other people. Go Italy! All roads leading to SA 2010?

I met up with a childhood best friend after 17 years. Very surreal moment. I (am convinced to)attend one kenyan party and some (drunk, I'm sure) person sees it fit to leave a huge atrocity on my car. A whole section of paint gone from my door, I imagine as this person made their way into their car. I'm no longer upset about it. Have to fix it because I can't bear to look at it everytime I have to get into my car. It would have been nice to catch the person who did that and leave them with an earful though. What is it about telling someone, who deserves it, off, that leaves one feeling so refreshed?

I'm off to read the papers. Haven't too much in a while. Can't wait to see what news awaits me from the motherland....

No comments: